Wednesday, August 22, 2007

55 Hours

Wanna knows what's nice? Finding out that the event that booked your husband for Friday, Saturday & Sunday is canceled because they made a mistake and booked another group instead. They felt horrible and offered to pay us since we tied up a weekend on our schedule for them. We just asked them to book us sometime within the next 6 months. So, Water in2 Wine isn't really out much.

...and our little family now has Friday, Saturday & Sunday completely free.

That's roughly 55 hours to use at our own discretion. 55 hours of breathing easy. 55 hours suddenly given to us that we didn't think we would have. 55 hours to do WHATEVER we want.

Wow.

Already I have thoughts popping in to my head of what I should do. I desperatly need to give our house a really late spring...um...I mean early fall cleaning. You know, the kind where you pitch and toss bags full of stuff, dust every imaginable square inch, & re-organize every drawer & closet.

Then there is grocery shopping. Yep, we're over due on that too.

Not to mention, I REALLY want to take Emily to the park or do something silly & fun with her. I actually wouldn't mind taking her back to the zoo. (We opted for an annual pass.)

Then...there's Jane Eyre. I've been trying to re-read it, but have only found myself to be on chapter 12. That's not for a lack of enjoying it, though. I just have only found time to read a chapter here and there.

Since Aaron is back on 2nd shift, we are also over due for a date.

Oh! We also have a bunch of free rentals for McDonald's Red Box. Wouldn't mind cashing in 1 or 2 of those.

There is always the pictures and recipies that I've been wanting to organize since I first found out I was pregnant with Emily.

Recipies??? That's right, I need to plan some meals that would be easier to fix on our schedule. (Which, by the way, I'm VERY open to suggestions.)


Suddenly 55 hours makes my tummy tighten up a little bit and my breath come a little quicker. The excitement deflates. Too many decisions. Too much of a battle between what I SHOULD do, and what I WANT to do. Too much debating about whether or not what I THINK I should be doing is what I ACTUALLY should be doing. Do I strive to make good use of every waking second...or do I give in to the luxuries of spontanaity and making things up as I go along?

I guess we'll find out. I think blogging about it before hand gives me a sense of accountability...especially if I commit to blogging on Monday about what I did.

Am I normal? Does anyone else go through this? I sure hope so.

5 comments:

Stephen and Michelle said...

I HEAR YOU!!!!!!! I can definitely relate!!

Anonymous said...

Relax and enjoy your time as a family! That's something that you'll never regret:)

Kelly said...

Thanks, girls!:)

Josh Hilty said...

I hear you...tomorrow & wednesday are my 55 hours of . . . organization & fall cleaning a church & a house, only with my hubby! hope you enjoyed your time!

Ang said...

so...what did you end up doing? :)