Thursday, October 25, 2007

Psalms 91

Yesterday at around 9am my mother died. Suddenly...unexpectedly.

I will write more later in days ahead. For now, I'm just trying to breathe. My heart is broken. The grief is like nothing I've never experienced. However, I don't grieve as someone without hope. Heaven is a delightful promise. God is faithful and good. I'm trusting in Him...and believing his grace is sufficent.

But sometimes, it's all I can do to breathe. My heart hurts so much.

The day before she died, my mom called and said she wanted me to read Psalms 91. She said she felt led to give it to me.

Little did I know...

The arrangements are as follows:

Victoria Bennett

Visitation:
Friday 6-8pm
The Sytsema Chapel
737 Apple Ave
Muskegon, MI 49442

Funeral:
Saturday 1:00pm
First Wesleyan Church
1040 E. Forest Ave
Muskegon, MI 49441

1 comment:

Stephen and Michelle said...

As Psalm 91:1 says, I pray that as you go through this difficult time you will be able to "dwell in the shelter of the Most High" and "rest in the shadow of the Almighty".

I can't relate to losing so close a loved one, but I can relate to feeling so much pain that I thought my heart was being twisted so hard that I felt like I could bearly breathe. It is a hard place to be.

God is faithful, and I rejoice that your mother trusted in Him - and her legacy and memories live on in you!!

Praying...
Michelle