Wednesday, August 01, 2007

An Ashlock Family Summer (a.k.a.: A list of excuses as to why I haven't blogged)

The 2007 Ashlock Family Summer has consisted of fun activities such as:






1. Aaron getting another "A" on his latest class. 3 classes completed + 3 "A's" = VERY proud wife! He started a new class on Monday.







2. Blowing Bubbles















2. A quick weekend home that entailed an afternoon at the beach with dear friend Marcy & baby Conner (Emily can not talk about the beach without talking about "her baby Conner".) Emily also got to see her "Aunt" Amanda and her beautiful house, but mommy didn't get any pictures. We also had to say a tearful goodbye to some very special friends. Tim, Marcea, Emma, Taylor, Maddie...our next trip home won't be the same without you there! We love you!



3. Exciting Water in2 Wine travels. We've hired a new driver.




4. Directing a week of VBS. This year's theme was "Water Works" (A water park). We had entirely way too much fun. Emily LOVED it! I think her favorite part was the bubble machine. Surprised?














5. A trip to the zoo. Unfortunately, Mommy didn't take the camera AGAIN. In her defense, the battery was low on the camera after snapping VBS pictures. Daddy saved the day by taking the video camera. Ever since our zoo trip, Emily tries to swim like a dolphin during bath time. This usually leads to a soaking wet Mommy(dolphins splash a lot), but Mommy just splashes back. :)



6. Recording a CD of our Wednesday night Kids Club singing their favorite songs...Thanks to our wonderful producer, Aaron!


7. A surprise b-day party thrown for me by my WONDERFUL in-laws whom I DEARLY love! The party came complete with details like good friends, grilled food (my favorite summer treat) and my very own pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream. :) God has blessed me with in-laws that I just love to pieces.

I "think" that wraps up the highlights of our summer so far. It has definitely been busy but blessed. There's even more fun in store, though. In 1 1/2 weeks my hubby is going to be singing here: http://www.unitymusicfestival.com/ We are soooo excited. They sang here last year as well and we had such a good time. The fact that the festival is in my hometown & near the beach is a nice perk too. :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

sounds like fun! glad for the update :)