Thursday, August 02, 2007

Grandpa...please pray

Last night at 7:00, I received a call that my Grandfather in Michigan is dying. By 7:45, Emily and I were packed and on the road. Sometime between 1:00-1:30 AM we pulled into the hospital. We were there until 3:00AM, and finally went to bed at my parents at 4:00AM. The doctors say this is definitley the end. It's just a matter of time. They knew he was sick, but the rapid decline took us by surprise. Please just pray for our family, especially my dad. There are so many strenuous family dynamics involved in the situation that would take 30 posts to blog about. Not to mention, my dad is losing his dad that he is very very very close to.





There are many things to be thankful for in this situation.



1. Emily did a fantastic job on the trip, at the hospital etc.



2. We made it in time to have a precious visit with him while he is still lucid.



3. Things at work are going so smoothly, it doesn't phase me or stress me out to be off for several days.



4. My Grandpa is a Christian. The peace that surrounds his countenance is a blessed comfort to see.



5. I have the promise of Heaven. This is not good bye. It's "see you later". I can't tell you how much this means to me, or to the extent that I was praising God for this promise while sitting in the hospital waiting room.

6. Grandpa is getting ready to go home. He's going to be so happy there. He'll never have to stress or be upset again. Just perfect peace. He's blind, so Jesus' face will be the first thing he's seen in years. He's going to get to see his family that's gone before him.

God is good!

No comments: