Wednesday, June 13, 2007

"Wiladean"

Wiladean went to be with Jesus at 2AM this morning.

Wiladean, we'll miss you. Everybody loved you. You had a way of making me feel pretty special. I think it was the way your contagious smile would brighten your face when you saw me. I'm sure many people can atest to that smile and that feeling of specialness. Thank you for teaching me as a little girl in Sunday School, and as a big girl in the church office. Thanks for opening up and sharing your heart with me in your apartment...and for your cookies during those visits. Thanks for letting the kids bring you muffins. Thanks for loving your church and it's pastors.

I remember the day I attended Brookhaven during my 1st semester of college. Because of your ministry as a greeter, your face was the first that I saw...and it was familiar. That was pure medicine to my terribly homesick heart.

You go on home, Wiladen. You've earned it. You're with Jesus this very moment. Oh, I can't imagine the glory of it all, nor the way your face smiles now... bigger than ever before. Enjoy your reunion with your husband. Stand up tall and breathe in that crystal clean, pure, heavenly air with ease. Relish in your first burden-free, eternal day without a broken heart. Check out all the new sights for us, and don't let Eldine give you too hard of a time. :)

We'll see you later.

1 comment:

Josh Hilty said...

Kelly, don't know if you'll see this, but I am so glad to have known Wiladean...she holds a special place in my heart as one of my dear friends whom I realize I didn't know very well at all, but who loved me...and whom I'll miss until I meet her again in heaven. Thanks for writing your heart's breath.
Jamie