Monday, June 04, 2007

"Helpful Emily"

Last night after church, Emily and I were sitting on the couch looking at some pictures on my computer. I sneezed a couple of times and my nose was stuffy. Emily looked up at me after I sniffed and asked if I was sad. I said, "No, Mommy just sneezed and my nose is running. " To which she responded. "Oh...nose runnin'. I get it. I be right back".

My two-year old then hops off the couch, grabs my husband's dirty sock from the floor that he has just kicked off, and heads back my way. Before I can stop her, she has climbed back into my lap and proceeds to wipe my nose with said sock.

It was absolutely disgusting.

Aaron cracked up.

Emily was quite proud of herself.

I mentally added several boxes of Kleenex to my grocery list, and praised Emily for being so helpful.

Ah...parenting.

No comments: