Thursday, April 30, 2009

Almost there...

We're almost there! I'll be 37 weeks this coming Sunday. I'm getting VERY excited to meet this little boy that's been squirming inside of me. Things have been going pretty well. While I'm not super miserable yet, I'm at the point where if he came today...I would be happy.

The pregnancy itself is still progressing nicely without complications. However, I have managed to come down with a case of the "shingles". Yuck!!!! Fortunatley, the worst is over and I seem to have had a very mild case. I feel like God has been truly watching out for me. Some people put their pain and misery level at a "10" when sick with this virus. While I've had some pain and itching, it's been more of an annoyance than anything. I consider this a tremendous blessing...especially being in my 9th month of pregnancy. The doctor has assured me that Alex won't be effected by the virus. This was obviously my main concern, so I was very thankful to hear this!

The big "To-Do" list is just about finished. Though I'm honestly at the point where there is nothing more that really "HAS" to be done. So, that's a pretty good feeling. I'm tackling the few remaining items as time and energy allow. :)

Aaron and Emily are gearing up for the "big event", too. Both of them are getting pretty excited. I'm not due until May 24th, but Aaron and I are predicting Mother's Day weekend. We really have no concrete reasoning other than the fact that there is a full moon that weekend. I personally think Alex's arrival would be the best Mother's Day present a girl could ask for. :) We shall see!

I guess that's about all there is to report. We're praying for God's protection over the baby and myself and that things will just happen in His perfect timing. I cherish the fact that I know we are resting safely in His hands.

No comments: