Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just 'Cause I Like "Random" Lists...

1. 4 years ago at this time, I was in labor.
2. My husband has been experiencing labor pains of his own over the past 36 hours.
3. The emergency waiting room is not a fun place for a person with kidney stones to have to sit & wait.
4. The IV drugs they give once you get a room makes the wait worth it.
5. Emily LOVES to watch "Alf" reruns on Hulu....almost as much as she loves to snuggle and watch "I Love Lucy".
6. I'm due to have a baby in like...9 weeks.
7. I'm baffled as to how my body will accomodate the necessary growth of this baby that will occur in the next 9 weeks. I feel so huge already.
8. Emily told me that "Emily" (from Clifford the Big Red Dog) had the "Chicker Pops" (read: Chicken Pox). She informed me of this on Tuesday...which was "St. Patches Day".
9. I was a crabby driver today.
10. Aaron and I were talking recently about the fact that Emily might make a good nurse someday. She's got a pretty compassionate heart with just the right amount of bossinesss. If one of us isn't feeling well, she tells us that we need to lay down...go potty...get a drink...etc.
11. I'm really scratching my head over the fact that she turns 4 tomorrow.
12. I feel like she's grown up even more over the past 2 weeks. The things she says/does are amazing to us.
13. We had a fun tickle fight today.
14. It's nice having Aaron home tonight...despite the fact that it's because he's "out of commission".
15. I have such a hankering to go camping. Yet, I don't think this is the summer to do it. Somehow I don't think camping and a new baby would go well together.
16. For two years in a row we have wanted to take Emily to Chuck E. Cheese on her birthday and not had success. Last year, Aaron's dad collapsed and had to be taken to the hospital. This year...well....like a baby and camping, I don't think kidney stones and Chuck E. Cheese would mix.
17. Alex is moving a lot tonight.
18. I think the mouse at Chuck E. Cheese is creepy.
19. If I can't go camping, I wish I could at least have a really good S'More.
20. Alex is using my bladder for a punching bag. Gotta go!

2 comments:

Stephen and Michelle said...

We went camping in our tent with Titus when he was 2 weeks old! It was for 4th of July weekend, so we expected it to be warm, but it got down to 40-50 degrees and we froze because we put all the covers on Titus!!! It inspired us to look for a small camper that fall, and now, 4 years later, we have a wonderful camper that we really enjoy! We love to camp...and I don't think you should lose hope!!!! :)
Michelle

Amy said...

I love your random lists! and #10 made me LOL - happy birthday to your sweet girl!

I do also know a family who went camping with a 3-month-old...and an almost-2 year old and a 3.5 year old. I thought they were nuts, but they had fun!