Friday, February 29, 2008

A conversation with Emily

Yesterday morning, Emily was awake during our morning commute to work. We always drive by the building where my office is in on way to the sitters. This conversation took place as we drove past it yesterday:

Emily: "Can I go see your work?"

Me: "No, not today. You get to go see Tom and Cathy today. "

Emily: Pouty lip (Because she's not getting what she wants. NOT because she didn't want to go see Tom and Cathy.)

Me: "Guess what, Emily? In only 2 more weeks, mommy won't have to go to work anymore. I'll be able to stay at home and play with you. Sometimes I'll have to go do some work at the church, but you'll get to play with Daddy then."

Emily: She pauses to process this information. Then, with her face lighting up: "Can I bring my sweater?".


Yah....Mommy may be super excited, but Emily clearly doesn't have a clue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm so excited that you are going to be able to stay home soon! That is such an answer to prayer! You're going to love all the time you get to spend with Miss Emily and she is going to love having her mommy around!!!