Saturday, December 15, 2007

Snow!!!

The Ashlocks are snowbound...ALL of them! We are under a winter storm warning, and are expected to receive up to 10-17 inches of snow! Not to mention there is the potential of 40 mph wind gusts.

Early this morning Aaron, Emily & I packed up and headed over to my in-laws. Jonathan and Jennifer came over too. We all brought food, video games, books, movies and clothes to stay until Monday morning. Church has already been canceled for Sunday.

I can't begin to tell you how snuggly, cozy and content I feel. It's been delightful. :) I've already eaten way too much and held Emmy while she took a nap. This is seriously way too much fun! This Michigan girl is sooo happy! We have no where to go and nothing to do. We just get to cozy up and be together. I LOVE it! This is the first big snow that Emily will get to go out and play in. She was sick the last time we had a lot of snow. I can't wait to take her out.

In other news, Aaron and I just celebrated 4 years of marriage this week. Our anniversary was the 13th. God has blessed me beyond belief by giving me the husband he has. It's hard to come up with the words to tell you what Aaron means to me. I attempted to convey it to him in a letter this year, but it still feels so inadequate. He understood though...and I know he feels the exact same way. :) 2007 has been the hardest year of my life, but God sent me a soul mate to walk with me through it. Aaron has kept his part of our marriage vows ferverously. He's such gift.

I was treated with a dozen roses this year....awww!!!! We celebrated with a meal at our favorite place to eat...Olive Garden! It was nice to just be together.

I just got a kiss on the cheek from him. Sigh! :)

My Grandfather did pass away a few minutes past mindnight on the 14th. I think I was praying for him right around the time he went. Something felt different during that time of prayer. I'm so glad he's home. He can see again. He's with Mom. Wow.

We're waiting to hear on funeral arrangements, but it will be later in the week.

God is good. 2007 may have been hard, but God has given us many moments to cherish this year. Anniversaries and snow storms are just a few. :) Life moves on, and many special memories are waiting to be made. I have so much to be thankful for.

Love to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just read through your past several blogs and was deeply touched. I lost my mother when I was 6 and she was 29, and since that time I've always had a tender spot in my heart toward those who have lost their mother. You are a beautiful wife and mother, Kelly. Your mother planted beautiful seeds in your life that will continue to bloom throughout your life. Love, Joy McCallum