Friday, March 09, 2007

Update...

Perhaps the best place to start is with an update. :)

We are still (and will remain for awhile) a family of 3.

Emily is getting ready to turn 2 this month. I can NOT believe this. It's just not possible that it's already been this long. Her birth STILL seems like just yesterday. It's been an incredible 2 years, though. I'm thankful for every day that God has allowed Aaron and I to be her parents.
She has a delightful personality. Very strongwilled at times, yet obedient (for the most part). She loves to laugh and giggle. Anyone who will chase her, tickle her toes or sit and play with her gets a star in her book. She loves to watch Dora and Bugs Bunny. Her vocabulary amazes us, and we get such a kick out of listening to her talk. She actually tells us that she loves us now, and she's learning to talk to Jesus. :) Emily has 2 best friends. There is a couple at church that have twin girls almost exactly 6 months younger than Emily. She thinks Natalie and Lilly are the living end.
Emily LOVES to snuggle. I'm so thankful God gave me a cuddly daughter.
I think one of the most delightful things about being Emily's mommy is that even the most mundane things in life can now be the grandest adventures. Grocery shopping and trips to "Mal-Mart" (read: Wal-Mart) are exciting with Emily who is constantly checking out her world with squeals of delight. With the exception of Pneumonia this winter, her health has been excellent. She's recovered beautifully from that, and we didn't even have to put her in the hospital. Emily has brought so much joy to our world. She is such a blessing from God.

I'm still madly in love with this guy named "Aaron". :) Aaron is a wonderful man. He's a better husband and father than I dared to dream God would bless me with. I wish you could see him with Emily(who just adores her Daddy!). He's so patient with her. He's firm when it comes to discipline, yet he is so gentle and tender. Aaron and Emily are each other's favorite playmates. :) Those two are going to have a LOT of special daddy/daughter times in the years ahead. Emily has an ear infection this week. Yesterday, I had to go to work and Aaron took the day off to stay with her. I had NO qualms whatsoever about leaving her with him. He gave her top notch care. She had the right medicine at the right time, was given good food to eat, & got her nap in when it was needed. I didn't have to worry. That's something I DON'T take for granted.

Aaron is starting back to school this week. :) I'm soooo proud of him! There is a new program being offered at IWU. He'll be able to take online classes and wrap up his degree in no time flat. We're very excited about this...and VERY thankful for the tuition benefit I get through my job. :)

Aaron and his brother Jonathan still travel with their music ministry on the weekends. It's so much fun. We're actually in a lull right now, which is typical for this time of year. It's hard to schedule churches between Christmas and Easter. We've enjoyed the down time and having an opportunity to be more involved at church. However, things will pick up again in April. Once we get on the road, I'll post about what it's REALLY like traveling with Waterin2Wine. :)

In addidtion to being a husband, father, student & traveling singer, Aaron also works a full-time, 2nd shift job. He's a busy guy! I couldn't be prouder of anyone else though. I thank God often that I'm the lucky gal who got to be Aaron's wife. :)

I'm doing well also. I'm really enjoying life at the moment. Still working full-time. However, I now get to work Fridays at home. THAT is a WONDERFUL blessing. It makes everything so much more manageable. Our days are busy and intense, but our weekends are wonderful. I'm learning so much about God's daily supply of grace and mercy. He's been so good to me. :)

Between working, trying to keep the house, teaching our Wed. night kids' club, being a wife & mother, I really don't have much time for hobbies. :) That's NOT to say I don't have fun, or occasionaly get time to myself. I'm getting to know some people from church better. When the right mood strikes, I love to go shopping. Once and awhile I even get to pull a good book from the shelf. :) Not mention, I got to take a spontaneous trip to Kansas just days before Christmas to witness the birth of our dear friends' son. (I did almost get stranded at Chicago O'Hare for Christmas...but that's another story.) Even though things are busy, I can't imagine life being much sweeter.

Well, I have a little girl who is trying to come between me and the computer asking to snuggle. So, I'm going to sign off and enjoy some snuggling. :) Take care, and I PROMISE...you'll hear form us soon! :)

No comments: